I am currently NOT accepting any new submissions—unless your book sounds extremely fascinating, or it is one that I have been wanting to read. Sorry!
Hi there! If you’re on this section of my blog it’s most likely because you want to ask me to review your novel! (If so, thank you for the opportunity!)
Please keep in mind that I may take a while to read and review your book. For books that have yet to be released, I will make certain that I read and review them before they are released.
I may deny a request if:
- I am not interested in the novel in question.
- If it is in a format I do not accept.
- If it is a book in a genre that I do not like.
- If I already have a lot of books to read for review.
- I do accept ARCs, but only from publishers and agents. Self-published authors—please send a book that is edited.
Keep in mind: If I don’t respond to your email, it is because I either am not accepting any new requests, I’m not interested because of the genre or age group, or because your request does not follow the guideline for requests that are mentioned in my Review Policies. I don’t mean to be rude, but if you have read my guidelines and still request a review for your book, despite my stating that I will not accept certain books, then please understand that I will not respond.
Formats I accept:
I love to read and review novels of up and coming authors, so don’t be afraid to ask!
Here’s a need-to-know about my reviewing style:
- I believe in honesty when I write a review, even if it seems harsh, I don’t always intend it to be so, I’m just telling the truth from what I experienced.
- I am very meticulous, so I notice every little thing. So don’t take to heart something that I say that you might not agree with, because I am a slightly picky reader.
- I take reviewing seriously, so don’t be surprised if my reviews aren’t gushing reviews. I am professional and plan to make this my life’s work.
- I studied critical reading, so my reviews will touch on the topics of the novel, as well as the style.
In your requests, please include:
- Name of your novel
- Your name
- A summary of your novel
- The genre that your novel is written in
- Where the book can be found (Goodreads, for example) and where it can be bought (Amazon, for example)
What I will not accept:
- Unfinished works
- Non-fiction (i.e. Self-help)
- Short Stories
- Heavily religious novels
- Pieces to be edited—if you want me to edit something for you, it has to be requested professionally. I will not sit for days editing your work for free.
I want to be honest about my experience reading your novel, so I want a finished, edited copy to review!
Genres I am accepting:
-Preferably anything in Young Adult, save for nonfiction
What else can my blog do for you? If I think your book is appropriate for my blog, genre and age group-wise, then I would love to work with you regarding one of these options:
- Book promotions
- Author interviews
- Cover reveals
- Book trailer reveals
- Book blitz
- Guest posts
- Book tours
By the way, congratulations on your novel!
You can send your novels or contact me here: confessionsofabookaddict [@] gmail dot com (spaces added as to avoid spam).
My name is Dayla Fuentes-Morales and I live in Canada.
My email address is: confessionsofabookaddict[at]gmail[dot]com
My website link is: http://bookaddict24-7.com
My Blog Critics link is: http://blogcritics.org/writers/dayla-f-m-/
I am a book blogger and I review for both my blog and Blog Critics. I am a Goodreads librarian, and I also add my reviews to Goodreads.
On Goodreads I have approximately:
My blog has:
Approximately 4,200 followers
I installed Google Analytics on my blog in October and it currently has (As of June 2, 2013):
2,436 unique visits
On my other blog counter, which was installed on February 2012, I have approximately:
41,899 page hits
My Twitter account: 1,280 followers— https://twitter.com/Daylafm
My Facebook Page: 255 likes— https://www.facebook.com/BookAddict247
The reviews I’ve posted on my blog can be viewed here: http://bookaddict24-7.com/Reviews
I also host author interviews on my blog every Friday.
You can find links to my past interviews here: http://bookaddict24-7.com/authorinterviews
I have written reviews in the past for self-published authors and for authors who have contacted me through their agents. I promote new and upcoming books by doing book blitzes, blog tours, giveaways, and book cover reveals.
I am 24 and I graduated from York University in Toronto, CA in June, 2012 with an honours degree in English and Creative Writing.
I plan on making professional reviewing my future occupation and would be honoured to review upcoming and already published books. I love showing young readers the importance of reading, and hope to one day affect those who have yet to find a good book to read.